A quick tutorial to show you how to add/remove the Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10. We find that the Quick Launch toolbar remains a fast and easy way to open your favorite programs via shortcuts without cluttering up the taskbar with pinned icons. Power users may have dozens and dozens of programs they regularly launch and Windows 10 by default just isn’t adequate for them.
Add the Quick Launch toolbar to the taskbar by doing the following
1. Right click on the taskbar, go to Toolbars, then go to New toolbar…
2. The Folder option appears. Copy and paste the following text and choose “Select Folder.”
%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
3. The Quick Launch toolbar has now been added.
4. Make sure the taskbar is unlocked so you can hide or show text and the title of your icons and shortcuts in the Quick Launch toolbar. Right click inside the Quick Launch area and choose to enable or disable “Show Text” and “Show Title.”
5. Slide the separator around to your desired width and re-lock the taskbar. Enjoy!