Here, we list a number of Free McAfee Anti-Malware Tools.
- McAfee FileInsight is a free analysis tool provided for security researchers. It can be used to view, dissect and analyze suspicious files and downloads. Plugins can be written in Python to add any custom functionality, such as decoding data, finding patterns, and many more.
- McAfee GetSusp is intended for users who suspect undetected malware on their computer by using a combination of heuristics and querying the McAfee Global Threat Intelligence (GTI) File Reputation database.
- McAfee Ransomware Recover (Mr2) can unlock user files, applications, databases, applets, and other objects encrypted by ransomware.
- McAfee RootkitRemover is a standalone utility used to detect and remove complex rootkits and associated malware. Currently it can detect and remove ZeroAccess, Necurs and TDSS family of rootkits.
- McAfee Stinger is a standalone utility used to detect and remove specific viruses. It’s not a substitute for full antivirus protection, but a specialized tool to assist when dealing with infected systems.
- Ok, this isn’t McAfee, but still important for cybersecurity. Run Windows Update frequently! Read how to create a windows update shortcut here: https://techmacgyver.net/how-to-create-a-windows-update-shortcut/